Jobs best suited for Digital Printing:
Variable Data Printing (VDP)
With digital technology, unique, customized pieces can be printed seamlessly with a single setup. Alternatively, custom information can also be imprinted onto pre-printed shells, allowing you to reap the benefits of both digital and conventional printing. VDP requires a database (usually an Excel document) of information that dictates which information is printed on each piece. The amount of customization available depends on the amount of information available within the database. Variable data can be as simple as including someone’s name in a salutation or as complex as inserting custom messaging, changing photos or even entire layouts. This flexibility allows your message to be tailored to each individual in your audience.
Variable printing can be broken into 5 separate categories:
Version printing — Common design and layout with some unique content and language changes.
- Effective and relevant print communication
- Documents can be divided into distinct versions that provide specific language requirements
- Common corporate standard is applicable with local dealer or distributor branding
- Increases participation and response rates
Personalized printing — Seamlessly integrate the recipient’s name and/or address into the copy, producing a unique document for each recipient.
- Faster, easier and more efficient production of direct mail program
- Encourages a stronger customer/user/member relationship
- Database information can be easily incorporated into page layout or graphic design
Customized printing — Personalized application that also contains image changes to make the message more relevant.
- Customize graphic content for the individual recipient
- Print all static and variable data in one pass
- Allows individuals to receive smaller, more relevant and timely materials, tailored to their needs and interests
Transactional printing — Include financial and other applications that incorporate personalized and custom content along with data-driven graphs and charts.
- Produces dynamically data-driven color graphics for high-value communications and high-net-worth customers
Fully customized printing — complex, personalized and customized print pieces that incorporate variable images, text, graphics and layouts.
- True one-to-one communication
- Individuals receive highly relevant, timely print information tailored completely to their needs and interests